It doesn’t have to be that way! Instead of worrying about changing your lifestyle completely, pick one thing to change and just make one simple change every month or two. In a year you’ll have made six or twelve … TWELVE healthy changes.
It’s not all about food and exercise either. Good health begins with building a satisfying life. Here are some ideas:
- If you add in a salad a day, it will be a big deal to your heart, eyes, skin, immune system, basically everything. Make it a healthy, veggie and nut rich salad, topped with a dressing made from healthy oils and spices and you have added powerful prevention to your life!
- You can add in meditation. Just five minutes of meditation a day can bring a reduction in stress!
- Work on improving your relationships through discussion and reading. There are a lot of books available on how to build healthy relationships. Pick one to read and implement some of the strategies. Not enough? Link up with a great counselor. It often helps to have a neutral party to support you while you navigate through the issues.
- Begin a search for a spiritual home. Studies show over and over that people with a fulfilling spiritual life are healthier.
- Step out and meet new people. There are several opportunities from church groups, meetup.com, support groups and special interest groups.
- Volunteer to serve others and you’ll have the opportunity to build new friendships.
- Try exercising three times a week. Start slow and build up. Often people start out too fast and burn out really quickly. Try for three times of gentle exercise while you build the habit and add in sessions and/or intensity as you get stronger.
- Take a class, learn a language, join a book club, explore your community!
- Add in more fruits and vegetables.
- Take a healthy living class. Check your local library events.
- Switch a trip to the vending machine for raw walnuts and a mini box of raisins … Just one simple change will add up to better health in no time!
- Drink a bottle of water in place of one of the sodas or cups of coffee you drink. After that’s easy, replace another.
- Visit stores with a healthy mission and spend time looking at the food. What’s different? Read the labels and learn about healthy options.
- Buy grass fed, grass finished beef or pastured, non-GMO fed chicken. Taste the difference.
- Take an exercise class or an aquatic exercise class. Most centers have a try-before-you-buy option. Often you can pay for a day at a time. Give it a try!
- Flood your body with 30 fruits and veggies by ordering and taking Juice Plus+. As Ben Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” (And from the number of people who suffered from a very nasty flu this winter, I’m thankful for that ounce of prevention!) You can order it on my website. I recommend starting with the basic Garden and Orchard Blends. Cost runs approximately $44/month.
- Sign up for a SoulCollage® class where you will learn how to connect with your inner wisdom through the use of book and magazine images, scissors and glue. For more information visit SoulCollage
Make one simple change every month or two and by the end of a year you’ll feel better, look better and will have set yourself up for a higher quality of life long term. You can choose to feel energetic, healthy and happy. Following the one simple change formula will get you there.