Truly delicious … and so pretty it deserved a special glass
- 1 Scoop of Juice Plus+ Complete Vanilla (Get it here) (None of the protein powdery taste! Whole food based.)
- 1/4 cup of 100% cranberry juice (Vitamin C, amazing phytonutrients and all the good urinary tract protection that comes with cranberries.)
- 1 cup of Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk (great source of naturally occurring Omega-3’s) I buy this at Hy Vee in their Health Market refrigerated section.
- 4 medium/large frozen strawberries (or equivalent)
- 1/2 frozen banana (I freeze in chunks, on a cookie sheet, then store in a plastic bag)
Blend all ingredients and serve in a beautiful glass … makes you feel special to treat yourself like royalty!
I have to tell you that I have started my day, every single morning since I bought my first package of Juice Plus+ Complete, with a delicious smoothie. Some are fruity, others are peanut buttery … everyone once in awhile I just toss the scoop into a shaker jar with a cup of flax milk and shake it on my way out the door. It has made my mornings consistent and EASY!!!
Along with all of that, it solved my breakfast protein problem when I chose to go back to eating a vegan diet. The reason to reduce your consumption of animal products is that they are inflammatory. As you know, inflammation is the leading cause of almost every chronic disease so anything you can do to reduce inflammation is huge. Learning to rely on plant-based sources of protein will put that pain-free bounce back in your step!
If you’d like to try a sample before you buy, let me know and we’ll connect!
Nancy Oglesby, the Practical Health Coach
Simplifying Healthy Lifestyle Changes